EMBLETON PRIMARY SCHOOL
If your child is four years old by 30 June 2023, you can apply to enrol them in our Kindy Program. We are currently taking enrolments for 2023, however to avoid disappointment please submit application and documents as soon as possible.
The Western Australian Government fully funds Kindergarten for age-eligible children in public schools and supplements the cost of Kindergarten in Catholic and independent schools. Children may be enrolled in Kindergarten in one school only, either public or private.
From 2020, only Kindergarten children can only enrol if:
- their immunisation status is ‘up to date’; or
- they are on an approved immunisation catch up plan; or
- they meet the criteria to be an exempt child because of particular family circumstances.
Applications for enrolment for Kindergarten are accepted during the year prior to the child commencing. The closing date for first round offers is on the first Friday in July of Term 3. Applications may still be made after this date and will be considered on a case by case basis, in accordance with the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy.
Pre-Primary is the first year of compulsory school. Every child of Pre-Primary age is required to attend school and is guaranteed a place at their local school. To enrol, your child must be five years old by 30 June in the year they attend Pre-Primary.
Follow These Easy Steps to Enrol Your Children:
Download a copy of the Application form below or Visit the school office between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday during school terms if you’d like us to help you complete the application.
Submit your application form at the school as soon as you can and provide copies of:
BIRTH CERTIFICATE (original or certified copy) or extract or other identity documents.
AUSTRALIAN IMMUNISATION HISTORY STATEMENT Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement that is no more than 2 months old; or
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Form for children on a catch up schedule that is no more than 6 months old; or
- Immunisation Certificate issued by the Chief Health Officer. Other immunisation documents are no longer accepted.
PROOF OF ADDRESS Utility bill / Drivers licence / Tenancy Agreement / Statutory Declaration form (Dual Occupancy)
Copies of Family Court or any other court orders (if applicable)
Information relating to suspensions or exclusions
Information relating to disability
IF YOUR CHILD WAS NOT BORN IN AUSTRALIA OR BOTH PARENTS WERE BORN OVERSEAS, please provide the following details:
- Date of entry into Australia
- Passport or travel documents
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Visa Grant Notice (please provide original Visa Grant Notice if on a bridging visa)
If your child is a temporary visa holder, you must also provide:
- Confirmation of placement or enrolment for an overseas fee-paying student or evidence of any permission to transfer provided by TAFE International WA, or
- Evidence of the visa for which the student has applied if the student holds a bridging visa
Kindergarten and Pre-Primary enrolments for next year, you will receive a letter either offering a place (as per the Regulations) or indicating that no place is available. You will receive this letter within three weeks of the advertised closing date for applications.
If you have an offer of a place for Kindergarten and Pre-Primary for next year and want to accept it, visit our school to complete the enrolment process.
Pre-Primary to Year 6 enrolments for the current year, an official enrolment form (Part B) will need to be completed upon receipt of the Application for Enrolment.
A starting day and requirements for your child will be discussed.